|1. UpCircleSeven||2. Yoga4You||3. F.Life|
A yoga swing, also known as a yoga trapeze, is a yoga gear accessory that allows you to hang from it in various poses. It is also considered ideal for those willing to perform aerial yoga. Not just this, it also helps in different yoga postures as well as various muscle strengthening exercises, which is why having the best yoga swing is of utmost importance.
This detailed buyers guide will not only tell you what a yoga swing is required for but will also point out the factors you will need to consider when buying a yoga swing. Not just that, it will also provide you with a list of some of the best yoga swing that is currently being sold in the market, so that you can make a well-informed choice for yourself.
What Is Aerial Yoga?
Aerial yoga is a form of yoga which helps to relieve stress in the hip area as well as ease-out back pain and tightness. It is often referred to as ‘anti-gravity’ because it is done off the ground.
The types of equipment necessary for aerial yoga are often referred to using different names such as – anti-gravity yoga hammock, hanging ropes, gravity swing inversion tools, inversion tools, pull-up bars, as well as hammocks. The simplest way to explain these names would be to say that they all suggest different pieces that work together in tandem when performing an aerial show. You might also come across the word ‘silk.’ Don’t worry or get confused because that is simply another way of saying – yoga hammock and has absolutely nothing to do with the material with which it is made.
Aerial yoga can be done both indoors as well as outdoors. You can do it anywhere– indoors, in your garage, or outdoors from a tree branch or in your yard.
Why Should You Use A Yoga Swing?
A yoga swing can be used for quite a few reasons, some of which are given below –
- It helps to build and improve your core as well as upper body strength using a variety of movements.
- It acts as a natural form of inversion therapy, which not only lengthens the space between each vertebra but also acts as an all-natural spine-traction system – which is to say that it aids in reducing lower back chronic pains.
- It helps the body in deep backbends, which usually isn’t possible.
- It helps you to go upside-down and helps to reverse your blood flow, which in turn helps send fresh oxygen to the brain that leaves you feeling fresh, energized, and invigorated!
Factors To Look For When Buying Yoga Swing
Although a yoga swing has its pros and cons, when looking to buy the best yoga swing, it is of utmost importance that you take into consideration certain factors. These factors will not ensure that you have the best product at your disposal but will ensure that nothing comes in the way of your yoga lessons.
- Purpose of the Yoga Swing – For starters, look into why you’re willing to buy a yoga swing. Will it be used for inversion therapy to help ease your back pain, or is it to improve your overall flexibility, or are you merely looking to do complicated yoga postures that last longer and that help you go deep? Make yourself a list, as to what are the purposes it will look to aid you with. This will help you to shortlist your yoga swings and choose accordingly.
- Size of the Yoga Swing – There are yoga swings available whose size can easily be adjusted, and then there are those that can’t. However, if you’re looking for an adjustable yoga swing, make sure that the options that you are considering come with it. The seat of the yoga swing also differs in size, so make sure you take a look at that too. The best way to make sure whether the size of the yoga swing is best suited to your needs; check the size recommendations – something which is usually given on the site. This will not only ensure a comfortable swing but will also ensure that the swing fits you and your needs.
- Weight Limit on the Yoga Swing –This is of utmost importance because you wouldn’t want to buy a swing whose maximum upper limit is less than what you are looking for. If you end up choosing a swing that isn’t suitable to your weight, you might end up causing damage to the area where it is to be mounted and might also gravely injure yourself. Thus, before considering any swing, make sure it has a high weight capacity.
- Portability of the Yoga Swing – If you don’t intend on performing yoga regularly and religiously, then the chances are that you’ll be looking for a swing that can quickly be brought down after use and stored away so that it doesn’t take up unnecessary space. Also, remember to check whether it’s portable in case you intend to take it to the gym or outdoors. Also, since you are looking for a portable swing, make sure it comes with a carrying case, else that can be a hassle too.
- Warranty of the Yoga Swing – Make sure that the company you are buying the swing from is legit and stand by the product they are selling. The reason is that if they stand by the product they’re selling, they will surely make arrangements for a replacement or a warranty in case of any unforeseen problems with the swing. Remember to check what’s on offer – in regards to the product, the money-back opportunities, in case you decide on returning the product due to some issue. Make sure that you research all this before setting your eyes on a product.
Given below is a list of 14 of the best yoga trapeze that is currently being sold as well as being bought by people who are taking up yoga seriously.
Top 14 Best Yoga Swings 2020
1. UpCircleSeven Aerial Yoga Swing Set
The UpCircleSeven Aerial Yoga Set is an ideal yoga swing for beginners as well as children. Its vibrant and attractive color makes it a very sought after option too!
- This a studio-quality yoga swing set that has been crafted using parachute fabric that ensures its strength and makes sure that it has strong endurance.
- This triple switch swing seat comes with a large and thick padding of foam that is not only comfortable but is equally spacious and ensures that you face no discomfort during the performance of various yogic postures.
- It comes with 2-strength multi-loop climber daisy chains that have an iron-load capacity of around 200 pounds per hanging strap. This ensures complete safety when performing aerial yoga.
- It is ideal for both children and adults.
- It comes with its share of health benefits too. When you use it for inversion therapy to decompress the spinal area or to build upper body strength, it works in a way that helps to invigorate your overall health.
- It does not come along with ceiling accessories, and they will have to be purchased separately, in case you require the swing to be hanging.
- It comes in eight unique and vibrant colors.
2. Yoga4You Aerial Yoga Swing Set
The Yoga4You Yoga Swing Set comes with its eBook that is ideal for beginners as well as professionals because it covers everything from setting up the swing to various aerial poses. This is one of the primary reasons as to why it features on our list of best yoga swing.
- This yoga swing is made using studio quality silk that is of nylon fabric.
- It is strong enough to take up to 600 pounds.
- This large anti-gravity yoga swing has a double layering in the middle and also has foam handles that help to make the aerial inversions more smooth and pleasant.
- Its broad hammock straps (2×50 inches) allow you to hang the yoga swing kit at the height of up to 11 feet. You can use it anywhere, ranging from indoors, outdoors, and ceiling mount to an exposed beam.
- Its digital guide, which comes in a PDF format, allows you to not only set up the swing yourself but also aides you in performing challenging yogic postures.
- It is ideal for adults as well as children
- Using it for even a couple of sessions per week ensures that you are free from all sorts of back pain and also helps to strengthen and improve your stretching core muscles.
- It comes in seven unique and vibrant colors
3. Aerial Yoga Hammock 5.5 Yards Yoga Swing From F.Life
The aerial yoga hammock from the house of F.Life has considered one of the best yoga swings set thanks to the various types of equipment that come along with it.
- This hammock is made using certified quality materials. This 1.5.5 yard of elastic aerial hammock comes equipped with – 2 steel screw-lock carabiners (25KN) and 2 10 feet nylon reinforced daisy chains.
- It can take up to a load of 2000 pounds.
- Its 40-Denier Nylon Tricot provides a two-way stretch and offers ample comfort and protection to you when performing difficult stretches.
- It is made of stretchable fabric, which helps one to lay on it fully as well as fully cocoon in it.
- The fabric is long-lasting and comfortable and is ideal for yoga slings as well as aerial silks. Its double point provides added relaxation, stress reduction, relief from back pain, and aids in stretching.
- It is effortless to use, clean, and can easily be adjusted as well.
- It comes in twenty-four different colors which are all equally bright and vibrant
4. Healthymodellife Silk Aerial Yoga Swing And Hammock Kit
The Healthy Model Life Yoga Swing comes with all the hardware necessary, so you don’t have to spend extra and ensures that comfort is something you don’t have to compromise with.
- The complete kit includes the following items – an 80-inch long daisy chain, two steel carabiners, a cotton bag as well as a video that comes with instructions and yoga classes.
- The dimensions of the swing are – 12 feet and 5.6 inches in length and 9 feet and 0.27 inches in width
- The material with which it is made is exceptionally soft and silk that helps in quick and smooth transitions between postures.
- It doesn’t have any excess unnecessary handles or bars, making it simple and hassle-free
- It is ideal for aerial yoga because it lets you smoothly cocoon yourself, aiding in quick relaxation
- It comes with a one-year guarantee
- It comes in one color
5. Wellsem Deluxe Pilates Yoga And Flying Swing Aerial Yoga
The dimensions of this yoga (5.5 yards in length and 3 yards in width) swing make it one of the best in its segment – especially for those who aren’t looking to buy the whole kit (in case they have all the hardware already).
- This is a professional hammock made using 100% nylon silk, which is not only soft but is extremely stretchable. It has a capacity of up to 2000 pounds as well as around ten people at one go!
- It provides you with extreme flexibility and aids in free movement, allowing you to change postures at free will. This also aids in a deeper and fulfilling yoga stretch.
- It allows you to put yourself in challenging situations and helps you to focus better, as you are performing an art form where you are suspended in the air.
- It helps to strengthen your muscles and helps to improve your overall core muscles.
- It doesn’t come with any of the additional accessories included.
- It comes in nineteen bright and vibrant colors
6. Yogabody Yoga Trapeze (Official) With Dvd
The Yoga Body yoga trapeze comes in a beautiful soothing pink color and is ideal when looking to release stress from the back area.
- This yoga trapeze is ideal for those looking to relieve themselves from extreme chronic back pain.
- Using this yoga swing ensures that your backbends not only improve but are also proper, causing less discomfort and fatigue, and you can move about with utmost flexibility.
- It comes with videos that not only help you to set it up but also helps you with various yoga exercises so that you can do them correctly.
- This particular yoga swing is the same product that is used in Yoga Body’s studios. Its rubber grips and weight-tested carabiners can take up to a weight of 600 pounds.
- It comes with a 10-year warranty, and in case of any problems, they ensure complete replacement too.
- The yoga swing comes in a kit that includes the following items – a main sling, two sets of handles (which has three on each set), four carabiners, two studio-quality ropes which are knotted, and used for hanging as well as a drawstring carry bag.
- It comes in a soothing baby pink color
7. CO-Z Aerial Yoga Swing Set Sling
The CO-Z Aerial Yoga Swing Set can easily be considered one of the best yoga swing because, not only is it effortless and simple to mount, but it also comes in some bright and beautiful colors.
- It comes in three bright colors – black, purple and blue
- It is made using a sturdy polyester taffeta fabric which is not only extremely comfortable and breathable but can also hold up to 400 pounds as a maximum capacity
- The fabric and materials of the swing promise uncompromised comfort, flexibility and reliability
- You can stay protected and safe thanks to the foam handles which prevent slipping. The foam handles are not only thickened but also upholstered so that they provide comfort and a steady grip. These foam handles are not only anti-skid, but they also help to alleviate hand fatigue, thus providing sweating of hands.
- The two durable and adjustable daisy chains not only provide the perfect height for easy aerial yoga exercises but also offer comfort and adequate adjustability. Since they are made with premium quality materials, you can be assured of your safety at all times.
- This yoga swing is ideal for those looking to improve their core strength. It also helps to increase the overall traction of your spine within a very short period and leads to an improved upper body functioning.
- It is very easy to set-up and can be put up anywhere – indoors as well as outdoors. From a door to a tree branch to an exposed beam- just set it up and start working out!
8. Dasking Premium Aerial Silks Equipment – Safe Deluxe Aerial Kit
The Dasking Premium Aerial Yoga Swing Kit can also be used by dancers who are looking to improve their flexibility and bending, Thereby making it feature in our list of some of the best yoga swing.
- It comes in 10 yards of durable and stretchable 40 denier Nylon fabric.
- It has two screw-lock carabiners which have a maximum breaking load of up to 23K
- It also has two nylon daisy chains which extend up to 3 feet long
- Its rescue figure eight and descended diameter reads as 8 to 12 millimeters and it can take up to a strength of 32 KN which is equal to around 7194 pounds
- Its mountaineering swivel’s maximum power reads up to 30KN which is similar to roughly 6744 pounds
- It can be used both as a yoga mat as well as a swing or hammock and simply as aerial silk.
- It can be considered ideal for those looking to perform complicated aerial dance moves and Pilates.
- It comes in an array of seventeen different color combinations.
9. Sealed Products Aerial Yoga Swing
This aerial yoga swing from the house of Sealed Products comes in a light blue color and promises 100% satisfaction through an elevated yoga experience.
- This yoga swing has been designed and tested in the USA by two professional aerial silks as well as aerial yoga masters, and they’ve guaranteed it’s the best
- This set ensures that you have a convenient experience and it includes a lightweight travel case so that when it isn’t in use, you can pack it and keep it away for later use
- It is straightforward to set up as well as easy to use. Its instruction manual, which comes along with pictures, a link to a video that shows you how to set it up along with a link to frequently asked questions, ensures that you can set it up in the comforts of your home without any help.
It’s been tested by experts who vouch about its performance and ensure that when it comes to aerial yoga, this is one swing that promises quality, strength, and yoga silk breathability.
- It doesn’t come with the mounting accessories. You’ll have to buy them separately.
- It promises to provide 100% satisfaction. Thus, in case you aren’t satisfied with the product at hand, they promise to replace it
- It comes in a light blue color. It is available in two other colors too – orange and blank, but they are rarely available
10. Dasking Premium Aerial Yoga Hammock Kit Flying Yoga Silk Kit
Another excellent yoga hammock from the house of Dasking, this can be considered an ideal option for those willing to improve their overall fitness and bending.
- It is made using premium quality high strength parachute fabric
- The hammock comes in one single continuous piece
- Its dimension reads as – 5.5 yards x 3 yards or 5m x 2.8m.
- Its material is durable and is made of a low stretch 40 denier nylon fabric
- It has a loading capacity of 300 kgs
- It can be used in the following ways – as a yoga mat, as a yoga swing or a hammock, as aerial silk.
- It is considered ideal for dancers, yoga enthusiasts as well as those performing Pilates
- This aerial yoga kit includes the following items –1 elastic yoga hammock, two carabiners which are used for hanging the hammock, 2 – 40 inches of extension belts, two steel anchors, and four mount screws.
This aerial yoga swing is available in 15 vibrant color combinations. In case you don’t get the color you had asked for, you could always let them know, and they’ll try their best to provide you with the same.
11. Summerease Yoga Swing/Hammock And Yoga Wheel Set
The Summerease yoga swing and yoga wheelset is made using some of the most superior quality materials and ensures that your yoga experience is the best, at all times.
- It is a combination of a yoga swing and wheel.
- The complete kit comes along with all the necessary hardware as well as hanging straps that may be necessary to mount the swing indoors or outdoors (ceiling or branch or in your yoga studio)
- The yoga wheel comes in-built with hybrid TPE foam that is entirely sweat resistant.
- It can support up to 600 pounds, and its durable ABS plastic provides you with the adequate amount of back support necessary for proper spinal stretches, ensuring that it doesn’t flex under your bodyweight.
- It doesn’t contain PVC; thus you can be sure of your safety and comfort.
- It is made using premium quality silk nylon, which along with the triple-stitched hammock seat can bear 600 pounds.
- The silks, along with accessories such as extension straps as well as heavy-duty mounts, come complete in a carry bag.
- Using this yoga swing even a few times per week ensures that you get long-lasting relief from chronic back pain as it acts as an ideal anti-inversion tool.
- The aerial swing improves your overall natural flexibility as well as the ability to stretch and balance.
- It is a combination of the following – a yoga swing, an inversion trapeze, a yoga trapeze, an aerial swing as well as an inversion hammock swing.
- It comes with a money-back guarantee.
- It comes in a maroonish-pink color
12. Intey Aerial Yoga Flying Yoga Swing
The Intey aerial flying yoga swing is ideal for both your home as well as the gym, as it comes along with ceiling anchors.
- It comes along with all the mounting accessories, so you need not repurchase them – separately.
- INTEY provides you with 24 months (2-year) buyers’ assurance as well as lifetime support.
- This yoga swing ensures that you can release the pressure of the neck as well as on the spine and can improve your overall hand strength through inversion therapy.
- The aerial silk is a new idea that helps yoga enthusiasts a safe and unique way to keep fit, and using it as a sling ensures that you can take your yoga activities a step higher.
- It has a large load capacity as it made using high strength and premium quality parachute fabric as well as polyester taffeta, making it not only prone to heavy-duty but also extremely durable. It can bear up to 450 pounds or 200 kgs.
- It is large and comfortable since it has thickly padded foam handles as well as a triple stitched seat of the swing that helps to push the boundaries of comfort while performing any aerial exercises
- It is a multipurpose yoga hammock. Not only does it work extremely well as a yoga swing but can also be used as a regular hammock – ideal for your home as well as a yoga studio or any regular outdoor travel
- It is very easy to assemble. It comes with two separate sets of screws as well as four expansion screws, which are for concrete structures and four self-tapping screws, which are ideal for wooden structures.
- It comes in a beautiful and vibrant blue color
13. Dasking Deluxe 5m/Set Yoga Swing Aerial Yoga Hammock Kit
This is another very good option from the house of Dasking. It comes included with all the necessary hardware and is ideal for use indoors as well as outdoors.
- Its dimensions read as – 5 meter in length and 2.8 meters in width
- It is made using low-stretch nylon tricot fabric which is ideal for flexibility and comfort
- It comes along with two steel-screw lock carabiners and has a maximum break load of up to 25 KN or 5620 pounds.
- It also has two daisy chain ropes that are easily adjustable based on the height of the hammock (the chain ropes have a 1500 pound tensile strength)
- It comes in 15 unique and vibrant color combinations – each better than the other.
14. Sotech Aerial Yoga Swing Set
The Sotech yoga swing set is ideal for both adults and beginners, which is why it features in our list of some of the best yoga swing. It is also suitable for yoga performers of every level – making it a much sought after option.
- This aerial yoga hammock is suitable for everyone – irrespective of their level of expertise – right from complete beginners to professionals.
- It is made using premium quality ultra-soft and durable nylon taffeta that has been tested to bear a load of up to 600 pounds.
- Comfortable fabric slides, as well as soft-padded handles, ensure that your hands and skin remain protected at all times – because, for the people at Sotech, luxury and comfort go hand in hand.
- It is effortless and quick to set up. All you need is either of the following – a yoga swing stand or a playground or any regular gym equipment such as a chin-up bar or any door frame or exposed beam. You can either mount it on any of these or opt for a ceiling mount.
- It comes with high-quality alloy carabiners, which are not only extremely easy to set up but also helps to adjust the sling along with the handles easily.
- It comes with a free tote bag which lets you keep the swing packed and away after use – making it easily portable
- The daisy chains which come with it not only helps to adjust the height of the swing but also aids in extending the length required for hanging the swing over beams, from a yoga swing bar or even a branch for that matter.
- It helps to relieve back and neck pain by helping in spinal decompression. Not just this, it also ensures that you have overall improved flexibility and can release stress and tension from your nerves and muscles
- It comes in four unique color combinations – green and yellow, light purple, orange, and red and turquoise.
Purchasing a yoga swing is no easy work. Not only do you have to consider a series of factors, but you have to keep in mind the purpose of buying the swing. Remember to keep in mind whether you only intend to use the yoga swing for aerial exercises. In case you plan on using it as a regular hammock or as a piece of dance equipment (to perform aerial acts) or for Pilates – then make sure that the yoga swing you are buying allows you to do all that.
In case you intend on using it as a regular hammock as well, make sure that the fabric not only allows that, but hanging it isn’t an issue either. Most hammocks will usually come along with all the necessary hardware. Some of them don’t, so remember to check and see whether the pricing and the overall packaging comes along with all the necessary hardware.
If portability is a necessity, then remember to check whether it comes with its own carry case/bag so that you can take it on the go, or safely put it away after use. In case it does not come with a carry case, check and see whether there are options for buying a case from the same manufacturer so that you get the exact fit.
Also, the fabric is something you can’t give any less importance to because you’ll be hanging upside-down, and you will be suspended in the air. This is why it is of utmost importance that the material of the hammock is good enough not just to take your weight but is durable and flexible enough to aid in free movement. Most fabrics will be of parachute or softer silk, so check and choose accordingly.
The price is also something you should consider because it is an investment you would want to make the most of. Since it isn’t a small amount, make sure you are getting what you pay for. Some sets don’t include the hardware, whereas some others don’t include the necessary screws and other small parts that may be necessary to mount it – so remember to check those too.
The thing about aerial yoga is that it not only requires a lot of confidence, but it is also imperative that no matter when you decide to start, you do it under a professional. Even the best yoga swing won’t be able to protect you if you are not confident with your movements and are unsure of how to go about the various postures and exercises. What’s worse, you might also gravely injure yourself too! So, be careful and take adequate precautions before starting on performing aerial yoga. If required, start under the guidance of someone who knows his/her way around a yoga swing.
Learn the basics from them, get used to it, and then try doing it in front of them. After you are confident of being able to pull off the challenging aerial acts yourself, go for it. Remember to practice an adequate number of times so that you are extremely well equipped with the idea of it. It has its benefits, yes, but only when done correctly.
All the fourteen yoga swings which have been given above are not unique, but each has some feature special that sets it apart from the others – which is why they have been featured in our list of best yoga swings. Thus, take your time and choose wisely and be sure that you consider every single factor before pressing the buy button – it’s always better to be safe than to be sorry.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Does The Fabric Of The Yoga Swing Matter?
Yes, the fabric of the yoga swing does matter. If the material with which the swing is made isn’t proper or up to the mark, it may be fatal because you will be hanging and will be airborne. Make sure that the swing you are buying is made of a fabric that is slip-resistant and can hold up to a substantial amount of weight.
2. Can A Yoga Swing Be Used For Something Other Than Performing Aerial Yoga Exercises?
Yes, a yoga swing can be used for a lot of things. If it is a continuous piece of cloth, you could use it for regular yoga exercises; you could use it as a hammock – indoors as well as outdoors, you could use it for Pilates or for aerial dances or as aerial silks too. Just check the size of the swing to make sure that it can be used as a multipurpose hammock too.
3. Some Of The Yoga Swings Are Referred To By Names I’m Not Very Familiar With. Are They Similar To Regular Yoga Swings, Or Are They Something Different?
Yoga swings are often referred to by different names such as – inversion swings, inversion yoga hammock, aerial silk, anti-gravity yoga hammock, hanging ropes, gravity swing inversion tools, inversion tools, pull-up bars as well as hammocks. However, that doesn’t indicate that these are anything other than a yoga swing. They’re given such names because of the work it does – act as aerial or ‘anti-gravity’ equipment. That doesn’t mean they’re anything separate or unique. They are all yoga swings and will do the work of improving your posture and aid in releasing stress and pain from the back and neck just fine.
4. Are Yoga Swings As Effective As They Sound?
Yes, yoga swings are incredibly useful if used properly. Most people are not sure how to go about using it and whether it will be useful in releasing stress from the back, spine, and neck area. Unless done properly, under proper guidance, the chances are that you might end up injuring yourself and face adverse effects that may be long-lasting. Thus, if you are a beginner, start by taking professional help and use it under proper guidance. Only try using it alone when you are entirely sure and can take care of yourself and balance yourself without any help.
We hope these frequently asked questions, and their answers will clarify any small doubt you might have and get you motivated to take the plunge and start performing aerial yoga with utmost ease and confidence.