|1. Balancefrom Go Yoga||2. Sivan||3. Aurorae|
Yoga is a practice of physical, mental, emotional, psychological, and spiritual well-being, which started in ancient India. It is one of the six orthodox schools of Hindu philosophical traditions. It involves syncing of the mind and the body to perform delicate movements of the body, to provide a calm and meditative mindset to the soul.
Which Yoga mat is good for Beginners?
Modern yoga exercise is one of the most go-to activities for people who are starting out their fitness journey. They may have various reasons why they wanted to start being fit. It could of vanity’s sake, health reasons, or they’re simply bored and want to try out something new in their lives. What makes yoga an easy option is that this physical activity is by nature, low-intensity. The exercise is done in place, very static and stationary.
That establishes the need that the surface a yogin should be stepping onto must be of a good amount of friction to avoid slipping and tripping over to the floor and so today, we are to check the market for the best yoga mats for beginners.
In order for us to understand what beginner yogins needs as they embark on this amazing health and fitness adventure, it is important that we understand what Modern Yoga is all about. While it may seem that yoga is just some sort of postures and finger sequences, this physical activity has more to it than how it seems to be.
Modern Yoga came to the west in the early closing of the 19th century as the Yogin Guru and Indian Monk Swami Vivekananda made a powerful speech in the World’s Parliament of Religions wherein he introduced Hinduism to America and encouraged religious tolerance. From then on, many Western leaders, sports enthusiasts, elites, and Medical practitioners began to have an interest in this kind of practice.
Eventually, the religious essence of Yoga was dropped by western culture but retained the physical practice that comes with it. More and more Americans and Europeans alike have found great benefits and enjoyed practicing yoga as it helped them therapeutically on stress, anxiety, depression, and improved their blood pressure and mood.
Aside from that, the National Center for Complementary and Integrative Health of the United States of America has proved through a study the benefits that come with doing yoga.
Now, how is yoga being done? Yoga by essence is a way of physically connecting to the divine that is not physically visible or tangible. This is done by mimicking nature as ancient Indians believe that diving is reflected by nature as it is the divine’s creation. This mimicking of nature is done through body postures also known as Yoga Asanas.
Yoga asanas test the body’s limit to stretch, balance, and it also challenges a person’s capacity to concentrate and focus. As you can see in the depiction, oftentimes, yoga is seen to be through standing on one foot with a hand either raise to the sky or with a sitting monk depicting concentration.
With this being said, it is important that beginner yogins have the propers gears with them so that they fully enjoy, understand, and properly execute yoga asanas that they are learning. This is very true on choosing what yoga mats are great to buy if you are still a beginner yogin.
What Are Yoga Mats?
An essential aspect of performing yoga (other than perfecting your postures), is the mat. Having a proper Yoga mat is of the utmost importance when you decide to begin doing yoga. This gear aids in keeping the whole process together, and without it, you won’t be able to do justice to yoga. Yoga mats are sheets that are usually of lengthwise cut with lengths ranging from around 6 feet and width of around 2 feet, commonly made of synthetic fibers or rubber. The purpose of these mats is to keep the stability of a yogin when doing yoga asana on places with smooth surfaces or has less friction.
Finding the best yoga mat for beginners, although it isn’t an easy task yet, isn’t impossible either. So, if you are a novice in yoga, and this is your first brush with it, then this buyer’s guide will help you to choose one of the best yoga mats for beginners.
What is a good thickness for a Yoga Mat?
The standard thickness for a yoga mat is measure at a quarter of an inch. This is enough to serve as a friction layer between the feet and the ground. While this thickness is very comfortable to the feet as it can give a feels of a cushion, some yogins, especially those that are living the lifestyle of it, are opting for thinner yoga mats measuring around an eighth of an inch or 3.3 mm. This gives them a feeling of being really in contact with the ground as one of the tenets of yoga is to be in contact with the nature around you.
How To Choose The Best Yoga Mat for Beginners?
For starters, know the reason behind why you are about to purchase this mat. Since you are a beginner, splurging a lot of money on something you are unsure of, wouldn’t be a wise decision. Secondly, once you’ve decided on a budget, think of the material, sustainability, whether it is slip-resistant, thickness, size, and the like. Keep all these factors in mind before jumping into buying a mat.
Understand that even though you are a beginner, you wouldn’t want to buy a mat, which will ruin your experience even before it begins. Thus, even if you don’t splurge a lot, buy a mat that assures longevity and also does its work to its full capacity.
Go for a mat that has all the features, in totality – is budget-friendly, has used proper material, is slip-resistant, has a thick foam cushioning, has an excellent soothing and attractive color, is sustainable, durable, has adequate thickness and is made of premium quality. Also, remember to check whether it is sweat resistant and can be cleaned easily.
Factors To Consider When Buying the Best Yoga Mat For A Beginner
Although it may sound effortless and easy, buying a yoga mat specific to your needs will require a fair bit of research. This research includes looking into the budget, material with which it is made, whether it is slip-resistant, what thickness it has, the quality of the mat as well as the color. Keeping all these in mind, let us look at some of the factors which you must consider when buying a yoga mat for a beginner.
How do I choose a Yoga Mat?
Before we dig into 889yoga’s top list of best yoga mast, we want to make sure you know how we’ve chosen the items on the list. They aren’t simply picked because of the color or the brand and whatnot. Here are the criteria that we’ve set when we searched for the best yoga mats for beginners.
Since you are a beginner, often, you may be unsure of whether to make a long-term investment since you are unaware of whether you wish to continue making sure of your budget helps to shortlist mats easily. Keep in mind that, just because a mat is expensive, it doesn’t necessarily mean that it will be of superior quality.
Buying a mat that costs less will not only provide long-lasting durability but will also serve its purpose for the longest time. Thus, having a proper budget is as important as knowing whether to buy a particular mat not based on its price.
Common materials used in making yoga mats are synthetic fabrics, Polyethelene Terephthalate (PET) or Polyvinyl Chloride (PVC), Organic Fiber, and a mixture with Rubber. Knowing the material used for your yoga mat of choice is important as this defines the durability and the reliability of the mat once it shall be subjected to the test of use over time. Yoga mats should have good traction to whatever kind of surface, whether be it rough or smooth. Check the material of the mat and be sure that it not only serves its purpose but also doesn’t end up causing any form of discomfort.
Check the strength and durability of the Yoga mat you are buying. Don’t go for cheap or knock-off ones just because they are cheap for they usually won’t last long and will cause discomfort and also won’t serve their overall purpose. You’ll only find yourself spending more on “cheap finds” that aren’t of good quality than spending a good amount affront but will last longer.
Remember to check whether it is liquid-resistant too. Depending on the material used, your yoga mat could be absorbent or resistant and the more absorbent your yoga mat is, the more cleaning it would require. Neglecting proper care for your yoga mat will otherwise lead to series of problems like, it might give out a bad odor, mold and mildews grows and develop and could spread disease, and of course a stinky yoga mat will make it impossible for you to work out with it. In case it isn’t sweat resistant, it might lead to bacteria formation, which will be extremely harmful to you.
You also must check Whether the mat is slip-resistant or not. Your balance when doing yoga asanas will heavily rely on how much grip does the yoga mat has when on the surface. Make sure that when you are performing yoga postures, the mat doesn’t slip because if it does, it may cause serious injuries when you trip over and it will be a source of danger to you. You don’t want extra expenditure for visiting an orthopedic because of your injuries.
Know and check the specific thickness of the mat you are buying or considering. Thicker matting ensures you of having durable cushioning, that is comfortable and will protect you from unnecessary accidents leading to injuries. Remember, safety first.
While a thin cushion layer might not guarantee you that, it still will ensure that you can move around comfortably and have a more sense of connectivity with the ground. Yoga is an art of connecting with the forces of nature so it is important to consider the feels of the yoga mat. Remember to check the thickness and whether it will be able to serve you in joint pains. In case you have aches, it is suggested that you opt to buy a thicker mat.
Avoid buying a cheap quality mat, even if you are a beginner, and are unsure of whether you will continue or not. Cheap mats will not only fail to serve its purpose but will also cause discomfort and pain when performing yoga asana and will ultimately lead you to want to discontinue.
Although this isn’t always considered an essential factor when buying a yoga mat, having a proper colored yoga mat always helps to alleviate your senses and motivates you to perform exercises. Always opt for a soothing and soft pastel shade or a design which goes with the idea of yoga – in general. Choosing mystic signs or mythical objects can work too.
Thus, when looking for the best yoga mat for beginners, consider all the factors mentioned above and then make a decision.
Given below is a list of the top 20 yoga mats which are best suited for beginners. The options are offered based on a variety of factors, and you will surely find a mat that best suits your needs and necessities and allows you to begin your yoga sessions right away.
Top 20 Best Yoga Mat For Beginners 2019
Setting criteria on choosing the best yoga mat helped us pinpoint which are which exactly and we hope this will help you too. Below are the list of the top 20 best yoga mats for this year!
1. Balancefrom Go Yoga All-purpose Exercise Yoga Mat With Strap
- The BalanceFrom Go Yoga All-Purpose Exercise Yoga Mat can be considered an excellent and sensible buy when looking for the best yoga mats for beginners.
- Its size is 71 inches long and 24 inches wide, which ensures that every person – irrespective of his/her size or weight finds comfort when doing yoga.
- It has a high-density foam material along with a ½ inch premium mat, which is thick and can easily and comfortably provide a cushion to the spine, knees, hip as well as elbows when being placed on hard wooden floors.
- Both its sides are made of non-slip material, to prevent accidents and injuries. Its extra resilience ensures that your balance isn’t affected when you perform yogic postures. Its Moisture Resistant Technology allows it to be cleaned easily – with water and soap.
- It is easy to carry strapping, and lightweight allows it to be carried easily.
- This mat comes with a 100% BalanceForm guarantee as well as a 2-year warranty.
- It comes in seven different colors – Black, Pink, Purple, Blue, Grey, Red, and Green.
2. Sivan Health And Fitness Comfort Foam Yoga Mat
- The Sivan Health and Fitness Comfort Foam Yoga Mat is 71 inches long and 24 inches wide, promising to provide comfort to people, irrespective of their shapes and sizes.
- It has a ½ inch ultra-thick mat, which is constructed with memory foam, that is thick enough to provide all your joints with adequate protection and ensures a firm grip to the floor so that you have proper balance.
- It has a ribbed surface on one side and a smooth plain surface on the other.
- Its non-slip surface ensures a secure grip to the floor so that injuries can easily be averted.
- It is also effortless to clean and is made with durable, as well as long-lasting material. It comes featured with an integrated carry strap.
- This yoga mat comes in eight different colors – Black, Pink, Purple, Blue, Gray, Red, Teal, and Green.
3. Aurorae Classic/Printed Eco Safe Yoga Mat
- The Aurorae Classic Extra Thick and Long Premium Eco Safe Yoga Mat are ¼ inches thick, 72 inches long and has a width of 24 inches.
- It has a Rising Moon Focal Point Icon, which aids in focussing with illuminated colors.
- This mat is not only durable and lightweight but is also odorless and can be washed easily.
- These mats are non-toxic and contain no Phthalates, Latex, Phenols, PAHS, Rubber, or Silicone.
- These mats are suitable for men, women as well as children and come along with a 2-year warranty.
- It comes in seventeen different colors and unique names, suggesting what each color represents.
4. Gaiam Premium Yoga Mat
- The Gaiam Yoga Mat can easily be considered one of the best yoga mats for beginners thanks to its amazing features and brilliant designs.
- This mat is not only durable and lightweight but is also extra-thick to provide for an extra cushioning for your joints when you perform yoga.
- It features a sticky non-slip textured surface which provides for excellent traction as well as superior grip.
- These mats are made using non-toxic and 6P Free PVC material, which ensures not only a healthy choice for you but also allows you to keep the environment protected and the Earth free from – DINP, DBP, DNOP, DEHP, as well as BBP.
- Also, when you purchase this yoga mat, you get a free downloadable yoga workout, which is an excellent addition to any yoga beginner.
- Its dimensions read – 68-inches in length, 24-inches in width, and 6mm thickness.
- It comes in a whopping 41 different colors and designs, each more unique and specially designed than the other.
5. Amazon Basics ½ Inches Extra Thick Exercise Mat
- This Amazon Basics mat comes with a textured surface that provides enhanced traction.
- It is ½ inches extra-thick and provides for comfortable cushion support when you perform yoga.
- These mats are extremely lightweight and are made of durable foam.
- Its measurements are – 74 inches in length x 24 inches in width x 0.5 inches in height. It comes along with an extra strap to carry it around.
- It comes in seven different and bright colors – Black, Pink, Purple, Blue, Green, Red, and Grey.
6. Amazon Basics ½ Inches Extra Thick Exercise Mat
- This yoga mat from Amazon Basics brings with itself a textured surface that comes with enhanced traction.
- It has a ½ thickness, which ensures an extra level of cushioning during yoga.
- These mats are not only extremely durable thanks to the premium quality foam, which is used but are also very lightweight. It has an added strap to it so that you can easily carry it to places.
- Its dimensions read – 74 inches (length) x 24 inches (width) x 0.5 inches (height).
- It comes in seven colors.
7. Hemingweigh High-density Exercise Yoga Mat
- The HemingWeigh Yoga Mat can easily be considered one of the best yoga mats for beginners thanks to the features it comes with.
- These mats are 71 inches long and 24 inches wide, ensuring comfort and ease for people of all shapes and sizes.
- It is double-sided and comes with a non-slip surface that helps to grip the floor and prevent injuries.
- It has an integrated self-strapping system that aids in easy transportation as well as storage.
- Also, it is effortless to clean thanks to its washable and long-lasting material, with which it is made.
- These mats have an extra thick foam padding that helps in making floor workouts comfortable, by providing an extra layer of cushion to the joints, hip, knees, and spine.
- The best part is, it comes with a 2-year warranty and promises to keep customer satisfaction as their topmost priority.
- The mats are available in five different colors – Blue, Teal, Black, Red, and Purple.
- They are also available in 2-pack and 3-pack combos.
8. Spoga Premium Extra Thick Yoga Mat With Comfort Foam
- The Spoga Premium Extra Thick High-Density Yoga Mat’s dimensions are – 72-inches in length and 24-inches in width, thereby making sure that irrespective of shape and size, everyone can do yoga comfortably.
- These ultra-thick mats are specially designed using Spoga memory foam, which makes sure that your joints and knees stay protected.
- It absorbs impacts and looks to provide a distinct comfort, all the while providing a firm grip to the floor.
- It comes with a self strapping system which includes two elastic straps connected using a handle providing for an easy system whereby you can fold the mat are easily take it to places.
- The mat has a textured non-slip surface that looks to provide excellent traction and also helps to grip the floor to prevent injuries.
- The mat has a moisture-resistant skin, which is not only easy to clean but is also extremely durable, giving not only a brilliant performance but also providing easy care.
- This mat comes in eight distinct colors –Black, Lime Green, Pink, Blue, Dark Green, Grey, Red, and Purple.
9. Gaiam Yoga Mat Premium Print Reversible Exercise And Fitness Mat
- Another brilliant product from the house of Gaiam, this yoga mat, has its dimensions as – 68 inches x 24 inches x 5mm.
- It is both light and extremely durable and comes with an extra-thick padding cushion to protect against injuries.
- It is 6P free and is made of PVC, making it free from – Phthalates, DBP, DEHP, BBP, DINP, DIDP, and DNOP.
- This mat comes along with an online library filled with videos suitable for a beginner.
- It comes in a whopping 36 different designs and colors, each more different and unique from the other. The colors and designs give out a comfortable and soothing feel, which aides in your desire to work out, all the more.
10. Prosourcefit Extra Thick Yoga And Pilates Mat
- The ProsourceFit Extra Thick Yoga Mat is one of the best yoga mats for beginners, currently being sold in the market.
- It is made of comfort foam, which has a density of ¼ inches, that guarantees protection in sensitive joints so that you can perform your workouts smoothly and without any trouble.
- Its dimensions of – 71 inches in length and 24 inches in width ensures that irrespective of body size and shape, everyone can use it to perform and do yoga.
- The mat is water-resistant and contains NBR, which repels moisture and aids in low-maintenance. To clean it, all you have to do is wipe it with a wet cloth or sponge and then air dry it.
- This mat has a non-slip surface that sticks to the floor, and its ribbed design provides for a secure grip and stability, ensuring safe yoga practice sessions. It comes along with a free mat sling, which is not only convenient but is also easy to carry around.
- The ProsourceFit comes with a lifetime warranty too.
- This mat comes in eight distinct colors – Aqua, Black, Blue, Green, Grey, Pink, Purple, and Red.
11. Yoga Cloud Ultra Thick Yoga And Exercise Mat With Shoulder Sling
- The Yoga Cloud Ultra Thick Yoga Mat is a 1-inch thick mat that is best suited for those who are looking for something sturdy, long-lasting, slip-resistant, and safe in comparison to thinner yoga mats.
- Its high-density foam is 4 times thicker than a regular yoga mat and is 2 times thicker than regular ½ inch thick mats, thus providing all-round protection for your joints.
- Its non-slip surface includes a moisture-resistant and no-slip ridges that ensure that you face no injuries when working out.
- Its dimensions read as – 72 inches long and 24 inches wide, which is best suited for all kinds of physical therapy as well as providing extra cushion to the joints.
- It is also perfect for additional knee support. Its distinct features make it one of the best yoga mats for beginners.
- This mat is available in four bright colors – Blue, Black, Pink, and Red.
12. Gaiam Essentials Thick Yoga Mat Fitness And Exercise Mat With Easy-cinch Yoga Mat
- Another brilliant product from the house of Gaiam, this yoga mat is a classic mat suitable for all kinds of exercises, ranging from yoga to pilates, thanks to its additional support and cushioning.
- This mat is extra thick, thanks to its 2/5 inches of foam padding, making it suitable for workouts anywhere in the house.
- It is made using non-toxic PVC materials and is 6P free, making it a healthy choice, not just for yourself but for the Earth as well.
- It is free from – DEHP, DBP, DNOP, BBP, DINP, and DIDP.
- This mat comes along with a carrier strap, helping you to carry it around easily.
- Its dimensions read – 72 inches in length, 24 inches in width, and 2/5 inches (3.11 pounds).
- This mat comes in nine beautiful colors – Black, Green, Grey, Navy, Orange, Pink, Purple, Red, and Teal.
13. Incline Fit Exercise Mat 1 Inch Extra Thick Exercise Mat
- The Incline Fit Exercise Mat has a 1-inch thickness and comes along with straps that help to alleviate stress from sensitive areas such as joints, knees, arms, and hip, thus helping you to complete your exercises smoothly.
- It is made of a non-slip material that helps you against injuries and stays steady so that you can efficiently perform your exercises.
- The thickness of this mat ensures durability and longevity too.
- It is BOA free and is free from Phthalates as well as any form of heavy metal and latex.
- It is straightforward to clean as well – all you have to do is, wash it with soap and water and then hang it out to try.
- This will not only kill the harmful bacteria that are present due to your sweat but will also give out a pleasant fragrance.
- This mat is available in seven unique and distinct colors – Elephant Grey, Orchid, Midnight Blue, Teal, Neon, Ultra Violet, and Onyx.
14. IUGA Eco-friendly Yoga Mat
- This eco-friendly mat from IUGA is one of the best yoga mats for beginners, for reasons more than one. For starters, it is made using eco-friendly material – a recently patented TPE or thermoplastic elastomer foam, which has a lot of advantages in comparison to the regular and traditional PVC and NBR.
- It is perfect for all types of yoga, and its non-slip material ensures you are protected from injuries when you are working out.
- It has a reversible non-stick surface design, which aids in traction.
- It has a unique cellular structure that promises an excellent grip and promises stability when performing yoga-asanas.
- Its alignment lines make it perfect for use at home as well as at studios.
- These lines help to maintain a proper body posture, which is often necessary when performing asanas without the presence of an instructor.
- Its dimensions read – 72-inches in length, 26-inches in width, and a 6mm thickness that ensures an overall cushioned experience and provides extra protection for your joints and knees while offering stability too.
- It comes along with a carry strap.
- The brand IUGA promises a one-year warranty on their mat.
- This mat comes in seven distinct colors – Dark Blue, Purple, Elephant, Red, Green, Grey, and Lime Green.
15. Aimerday Premium Print Anti-tear Yoga Mat
- The AIMERDAY Premium Print Yoga Mat is made using an upgraded eco-friendly material, which is much better than the traditionally used non-green PVC, NBR, and EVA mats.
- It is made using non-toxic SGS Certified 6P, which is free from Phthalates as well as Chlorine, providing for durability and high-density material that doesn’t get damaged easily.
- Also, unlike other mats, which might have a lingering smell, this mat, which is made using upgraded quality material, suffers from no such odor.
- This mat is triple-layered, and its middle layer is made of anti-tearing mesh, which has been designed to provide longevity and help in enhancing your yoga practices.
- Its double layer has been structured along with a non-slip textured surface that has anti-skid properties and aids in traction.
- It is 72 inches long and has a width of 24 inches that provides for enough space irrespective of a person’s size and shape.
- It provides for excellent resilience, which provides stability during exercise sessions, and its ¼ inch thick padding helps to avoid pain in knees and joints.
- The design on the mats is unique and colorful, providing you with the motivation to perform exercises every day.
- They also have a 30-day return policy.
- The mat comes in eight unique designs, each better than the other – Cloud, Rainbow, Rhombuses, Dreamcatcher, Night Sky, Vintage Mosaic, White, and Purple.
16. Jade Yoga Fusion Yoga Mat
- The Jade Yoga Fusion Mat comes with an excellent grip that has been created, keeping in mind to provide a superior level of traction.
- These mats are made using natural rubber, which enables it to provide a better grip and has a better cushioning when compared to other synthetic rubbers in the market – which include PVC, PER, TPE, and EVA.
- The Jade Yoga Fusion has an extra-thick layer that is best suited for restorative yoga.
- The mat is 5/16 inches thick, and it is extra thick cushioning ensures that you get maximum comfort when working out.
- The mat is made in the United States, and they promise to give the best, always.
- Since the Jade Yoga Mat is made from trees, they have a fantastic initiative whereby they plant a tree every time a mat is sold.
- This mat is available in three different colors –Grey, Midnight Blue, and Purple.
17. Jute Yoga Mat
- The Natural Jute Yoga Mat, as its name suggests using premium quality natural jute fibers that help to repel smells as well as sweat stains.
- Its material allows for a durable non-slip texture and is 100% biodegradable, providing longevity and sustainability, which is way better than other regular mats being sold in the market.
- These mats promise to provide comfort, functionality as well as grip, every time you sit to workout.
- These mats ensure that you don’t suffer from joint pains and knee cramps, nor will you have to compromise on your balance.
- The mat is lightweight and comes along with a free yoga mat strap, which allows you to transport the mat easily and keep it rolled up in a corner when your workout is done.
- This mat can also be cleaned easily with the help of water or with a gentle disinfectant such as eucalyptus.
- These eco-mats are free from harmful chemicals such as Latex and BPA, Phthalates, 6P as well as heavy metals and are instead made using biodegradable, sustainable, and recyclable materials.
- The company Ajna has started a brilliant initiative whereby, every product they sell, they plant a tree.
- These jute yoga mats are available in three distinct styles – Cloud Blue, Earth Brown, and Sand.
18. Euro Sports Extra Thick Eco-friendly Non-slip Yoga Mat
- The Eurosport eco-friendly non-slip yoga mat comes with a two-year warranty and is suitable for all types of exercises and yoga asanas.
- Its dimensions read – ½ inch or 12mm extra ultra thickness x 72 inches in length and 24 inches width.
- Its high-density foam made using NBR material, which provides for a durable cushioning and helps to protect knees, joints, and spine, especially on hard floors.
- These mats are non-toxic, and SGS certified and are approved by PAHS, ROHS, and 6P.
- The high-density foam ensures that the mat doesn’t get damaged easily.
- It is made using no smell material, has superior quality, and is extremely easy to clean.
- The mat has a double-sided non-slip textured surface that manages to grip the floor easily and helps to prevent injuries.
- It can be used everywhere – hardwood floors, carpeted floors, as well as on tiles. Since it is sweat-absorbent, you can easily workout on it barefoot.
- This mat is extremely lightweight and comes along with a free carrying strap which allows it to be taken everywhere with the utmost ease.
- It comes in four distinct colors – Black, Blue, Grey, and Teal.
19. Spoga Premium ½ Inch Extra Thick High-Density Exercise Yoga Mat
- This particular yoga mat from Spoga has dimensions which read – 71 inches long and 24 inches wide and 1/2 inch thick, promising comfort and stability irrespective of a person’s size and shape.
- This is also a very budget-friendly yoga mat, which will be suitable when considering the best yoga mat for beginners.
- This mat promises high performance and can be cared for easily, making it suitable for a wide variety of needs.
- It has a textured non-slip surface that promises excellent traction and manages to grip the floor well to avoid injuries and accidents.
- The mat is made using a moisture-resistant material, which is not only very easy to clean but is also extremely durable.
- This mat comes in five distinct colors – Black, Blue, Green, Pink, and Red.
20. Prosource Premium Extra Thick 71 Inch Long Exercise Yoga Mat
- This yoga mat from Prosource has measurements that read – 71 inches in length and 24 inches in width that ensures complete comfort and satisfaction to everyone, irrespective of their shape and size.
- Its ½ inch ultra-thick mat that is made using Prosource Comfort Foam technology ensures that you get maximum impact, absorption, and comfort.
- This mat is extremely budget-friendly and promises maximum performance, along with being suitable for a wide variety of needs.
- It can also be cleaned easily.
- The mat’s non-slip surface manages to grip the floor so that you are protected from injuries of all kinds.
- The surface of the mat is moisture resistant and is extremely easy to clean as well as it is durable too.
- This mat is only available in the color blue.
The thing about a good yoga mat is not only in its ability to serve its purpose. It should also be durable and long-lasting. Other than that, a non-slip material is of utmost importance; else, the chances of injuring yourself run high.
Although, most people wouldn’t consider this a valid reason behind choosing a yoga mat, check the color and design of the mat before you go ahead with it. Funny as it may sound, proper soothing color and design not only ensures a feeling of positivity but makes you feel active from within, making you want to put in the extra effort and perform yoga asanas.
Understand that spending extra or spending more doesn’t always ensure a good yoga mat. Even the most expensive mat might have its flaws and might end up being a bad buy when being compared to a mat, which may cost much less but has way better features.
Thus, don’t merely opt for yoga based on the price tag attached to it. Check its features, see whether they are what you are looking for, check whether it ticks all the boxes – durable, long-lasting, non-slip material, thick foam cushion padding, made of non-toxic materials and the like, before buying it.
The information provided in this buyer’s guide will not only ensure that you can buy the best yoga mat for beginners but will be extremely satisfied with it. It covers all the essential and necessary factors which you should consider before purchasing a yoga mat and provides you with a total of 20 yoga mats for beginners, which are easily some of the best ones being sold in the market at present.
By following these specifications, you will surely be able to buy yourself a yoga mat, which will not only last long but will also serve its purpose at all times.
We hope this buyer’s guide serves its purpose, and you can choose a good yoga mat for yourself so that you can start working on those asanas at the earliest.
Given below is a list of frequently asked questions that you may have doubts regarding when looking through the list of mats on offer here. We hope these answers will help to ease out your queries a bit and help you to make a wise choice, which will not only last long but will also serve more than what you’re expecting of it.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Is It Necessary To Check The Material Of The Yoga Mat?
Yes, you must make sure what material is used to make the mat because otherwise, you might end up injuring yourself or may end up having some infection (in case the material is toxic) too.
2. Is It Necessary To Have A Thick Yoga Mat Or A Thin One?
It depends on your preference. Most people like to use thinner mats because they help in smooth movement and are easier to carry around. Others prefer thicker yoga mats because they ensure an extra cushion layer that manages to protect from injuries and also helps to protect the knees, joints, arms, hip, and spine.
3. Will I Have To Consider Buying A Yoga Mat Based On My Body Type?
Yes, you will have to consider your body type when buying a yoga mat. The reason behind this is, if you don’t consider your body type, you might end up purchasing a yoga mat in which your full body doesn’t come in/fit. Buying a yoga mat that not only covers your whole body but also has a little space in excess always comes in handy.
4. Are There Separate Yoga Mats Based On The Type Of Yoga I Perform?
There isn’t any specific type of yoga mat that you can opt to buy, based on your particular needs, but owning a yoga mat on which you can do all sorts of exercises such as yoga, pilates, and free-hand exercises works fine and should be a good beginner stepping stone. Once you get used to it, buy a better mat.