|1. Gaiam Essentials||2. Yoga Cloud||3. Incline|
We all know how important it is to exercise. It not only keeps us healthy physically, but it also helps to refresh our minds. Most people prefer to do yoga, as it offers various benefits. However, it becomes a bit difficult to do yoga if you have bad knees. Hence, you need to have the proper yoga gear, especially a yoga mat which would provide both comfort and support to your bad knees.
People who are not yoga experts are often confused by all the alluring options which are available in the market. All the yoga mats seem the same, providing the same features. However, it is not valid.
Every yoga mat is different from each other, and all of them might not be good for your bad knees. To help you out with your yoga mat choices, we have created a comprehensive guide for the best yoga mat for bad knees. So, let’s get started.
Things To Consider When You Are Looking For A Yoga Mat For Your Bad Knees
Bad knees mean you need to take extra care of your body when you are doing your regular yoga routine. That is why it is essential to buy a yoga mat, which would help you take care of your body and let you do your exercise without facing any body aches. Here is a brief checklist that you can refer to while buying the best yoga mat for bad knees for yourself.
Yoga mats are just like bed mattresses. They have different thickness levels for matching the different comfort levels of everyone. The minimum width which standard yoga mats have is 1/8 inch. However, the thickness of some yoga mats can also range from 1/16 inch to others. This feature makes the mat compact and travel-friendly, while some can even be 1/4 inch thick.
2. Cushion & Padding
Good yoga mats are made up of vinyl or PVC materials, which makes it comfortable and durable. The material of the yoga mat is an essential consideration, as it would affect the overall comfort level, stickiness, and texture.
The best yoga mat for bad knees should have a smooth surface and feel soft on your skin. Avoid mats that have a rough texture or an irregular pattern.
PVC yoga mats offer the best level of coherence, which prevents you from slipping. It is comfortable but not very sticky like traditional yoga mats.
To avoid any confusion whatsoever, we have shortlisted the top 8 best yoga mats for bad knees. You can consider this list if you are looking for the perfect yoga mat within your budget.
This list of the top 8 best yoga mat for bad knees would help you to pick up your yoga mat easily without brainstorming yourself. So, let us get started.
Top 8 Best Yoga Mats For Bad Knees 2019
1. Gaiam Essentials
This product is our top pick for our top 8 best yoga mats for bad knees. This yoga mat by Gaiam Essentials retails for $16.99 only. It is available in various vibrant colors like teal, red, purple, pink, orange, navy, grey, green, and black. it is 2/5 inch thick, 72 inches long, and 24 inches wide.
- It is a 6P free and non-toxic PVC yoga mat, which is not a healthier choice for you, but also the planet. It is free from harmful substances like DNOP, DIDP, DINP, BBP, DBP, and DEHP.
- Its extra thickness makes it an ideal choice for people who want to use the mat in both homes and studios. It can even be used as a cushion, and a standing or knee pad.
- It also includes a carrying strap which allows the users to easily strap their mat after use or when they are traveling with it.
- Both sides of the mat have textured ridges, which helps in increasing the stability and traction by reducing slippage.
- It provides superior support and comfort, irrespective of floor type and workout type.
- The hook-and-loop fasteners give extra sticky support.
- For best results, the mat needs to be unrolled and aired out for about two to three days before use.
Featured in the best classic colors, this mat offers impressive features at an affordable rate. It provides additional cushioning, which is not only superior in quality, but it would also protect your weak knee joints and other joints. In addition to all these features, it is also an eco-friendly mat, unlike its contemporaries.
2. Yoga Cloud Ultra-Thick 1″
It is our 2nd best pick for our list of top 8 best yoga mats for bad knees. Yoga Cloud has provided the yogis with one of the best yoga mats, which is 1-inch ultra-tick. It is a perfect match for people who are looking for a slip-proof, sturdier, and safer alternative to an average yoga mat. It is available in red, pink, blue, and black color.
- It is a high-density foam mat, which is four times thicker compared to a traditional yoga mat. It is also two times thicker than 1/2 inch thick mats for providing your joints with the ultimate protection.
- It has a moisture-resistant surface and no-slip ridges, which allows the users to experience a comfortable and safe workout. It is 24 inches wide and 72 inches long. It is perfect for cushioning weak joins and for physical therapy. It provides fantastic extra knee support.
- It has splendid shock absorption quality, which allows the users to do their exercises comfortably – even on hard surfaces.
- It comes with a shoulder sling strap, allows hassle-free transportation.
- The ridges of the mats create a cooling effect during tough sessions.
- It is over the top costly.
- Some customers have complained that it gets cracked easily.
Although it is costly, this mat is excellent for weight lifting, hot yoga, regular yoga, pilates, and any other floor exercise that might go tough on your joints. It makes a comfortable cushion during camping trips. It can even cover yoga and gym studio floors.
This yoga mat by Incline can be bought in four different sizes. It also features various colors like a violet mandala, seafoam, onyx, midnight blue, and elephant grey. It is extra thick and extra long. It is 50 inches in height, 24 inches wide, and 72 inches thick.
- It is made up of high-density and water-resistant foam, which can be cleaned easily. It is durable and lightweight as well.
- It provides a perfect balance of firmness and cushioning. It will mould to the body, but it will not stay indented because of pressure.
- It has a ribbed texture that keeps the body planted firmly while the bottom does not move during any exercise routine.
- It is free of latex and phthalates.
- It has been explicitly designed to prevent it from peeling and provide it with an extended lifetime.
- Some customers have complained that it stays in good shape for up to three months, and then it starts tearing.
This mat can be used for a lot of purposes, starting from yoga exercise to gym workouts. It does not have a typical rubber or foam, unlike its contemporaries. It can last longer, depending on the usage of the buyer. It is an excellent fit for people with bad knees.
4. Spoga Premium
This extra-thick yoga mat by Spoga retails for $24.12. You can buy it in red, purple, pink, lime green, dark green, blue, and black. People irrespective of their body shape and size can easily use this mat as it is 24 inches wide and 72 inches long.
- It is an ultra-thick mat which has been specifically designed with memory foam to protect your joints and knees by absorbing impacts.
- It has also been integrated with a self-strapping system that features two elastic straps, which have been connected via a handle. This feature offers an effective method to keep the mat rolled up neatly while allowing the user to store and carry it effortlessly.
- The textured non-slip surface allows for excellent traction.
- It provides fantastic comfort and at the same time, allows the users to maintain their balance correctly.
- It is extremely durable.
- It is moisture-resistant, which allows the users to clean it easily.
- It is expensive.
- The edges are not provided with closed-cell foam.
This high-performance yoga mat can cater to a wide range of needs. It offers the users with a padded exercise surface, supporting them throughout several poses and movement. In addition to that, people can even clean it when the mat turns dirty.
This yoga mat by HEmingWeigh retails for $20.99. You can buy it as a single mat, or you can even buy it in a pack of twos and threes. The individual mats are available in the color teal, red, purple, green, blue, and black. It is 24 inches wide and 71 inches long.
- It comes with an exclusive thick foam padding, which makes floor workouts more relaxed and more comfortable. It would cushion your elbows, knees, hips, and spine comfortably on hard floors.
- It is integrated with a self-strapping system which allows the buyers to store and carry it everywhere easily. It is easy to clean, as it is made up of long-lasting and washable material.
- Both sides of the mat have non-slip surfaces that prevent injuries and offer excellent grip to the floor.
- It comes with a two year warranty.
- The luxurious memory foam helps in relieving the pressure points.
- It is costly.
- Some customers have complained that it has a chemical smell.
This yoga mat would surely transform your yoga sessions with unparalleled support and comfort. It helps you to stabilize your body and prevents you from slipping even during the tough exercises.
AmazonBasics manufacture this yoga mat, and it retails for $17.95 only. Available in different colors like red, purple, pink, grey, green, blue, and black, this mat has an extra thickness of 1/2 inch. It provides comfortable and cushioning support to the user.
- For providing enhanced traction, this yoga mat comes with a textured surface. It is made up of durable foam, which makes the yoga mat very lightweight.
- It has a height of 0.5 inches, a width of 24 inches, and a length of 74 inches.
- Buyers can easily strap the mat to the elastic carrying strap and slip it over their shoulders to carry it like a gym bag. The strap provides reliable storage.
- It can be used for any workout routine apart from yoga.
- It offers reliable traction, which is essential for stability. It also helps in maintaining poses safely.
- It might be costly for people who are looking for yoga mats within a budget.
People can take their workout to the next level with this yoga mat. It is perfect for studio and home use. It is made of high-quality, which provides you with the ideal cushioning layers between the floor and your body. In addition to that, it can also be used for versatile exercises.
This yoga mat by Sivan Health and Fitness comes in eight different color combinations such as teal, red, purple, pink, green, grey, blue, and black. It retails for $20.49, and it is 24 inches wide and 71 inches long, offering comfort to people of all sizes and shapes.
- It is a 1/2 inch ultra-thick mat, which is specially designed with memory foam. It is thick enough to prevent your joints and knees from any injuries and allow you to have the right balance and grip on the floor.
- On one side, it has a non-slip surface that is ribbed for gripping the floor, while the other surface is smooth to allow you to exercise comfortably.
- It is easy-to-clean. It has a long-lasting and durable material.
- The mat has a carry strap.
- It can be used for toning workouts, pilates, and stretching part from doing yoga.
- It can be rolled easily.
- It is expensive.
- Some customers have complained that it smells terrible after a few uses.
Being designed with memory foam, this product offers superior comfort, impact absorption, and quality to the buyers. The non-skid ridges would ensure that you never slip while doing your favorite yoga poses. Its extra-large dimensions allow everyone to use it, irrespective of their body build.
8. BalanceFrom GoYoga
This yoga mat by BalanceFrom retails for $15.99 only, and you can buy it in your favorite color. It has a thickness of ½ inches and a wideness of 24 inches. It is 71 inches long. It comes in seven different color options like red, purple, pink, green, grey, blue, and black.
- This premium quality mat comes with non-slip surfaces on both sides. The slip-resistant feature of this mat keeps you safe from injuries. Its exceptional resilience allows the buyers to keep their balance irrespective of exercise style.
- It is moisture-resistant, which allows the buyers to wash it quickly with water and soap. It is also complemented with lightweight and easy strapping for easy transport and storage.
- The product comes with a guarantee of two years.
- It comes with a yoga mat strap, which is for free.
- The high-density foam material offers a comfortable cushion.
- Some customers have complained that the stitches around the edges are not right.
- It can be costly for people who are looking for budget mats.
Features like a two year warranty, along with being lightweight, portable, water-resistant, non-slip, and more make this premium mat all over a good buy.
All of these products are picked from the millions present in the market. All of them would not only protect your knees, but they would also help you to carry out your exercises effortlessly.
These products come with features that would provide you with stability, comfort, and safety when you are doing your exercises. So, do not wait anymore and get yourself the best yoga mat for bad knees right away!