|1. Clever Strap||2. Clever Strap||3. Evo Elastic|
The best yoga straps are ones that should be perfectly fit your body. You are attending a yoga class so that you can look and feel good. But the feel-good factor won’t be possible if you use yoga gear that isn’t suitable for you.
Imagine a situation where you have the right kind of mat and then remember that you can use it and lay the mat the moment it falls off your shoulder. You will pick a mat and a good yoga strap, and you feel good while handling it. Another factor is that you need to look for the one that fits your body. A lot of people, while they are buying the straps, miss the comfort part and run towards the colors and buy just anything.
You have to get something that you know will work, and you need to put some effort into the purchase process. You need to feel comfortable when you go to class, and you have to remember that you have better options when you read the whole list.
What Are The Benefits Of The Best Yoga Straps?
One of the significant benefits of using and owning a yoga strap is that it can improve your fitness level and your balance. Yoga straps are a boon for people who have injuries or have muscle stiffness. Yoga straps work as a great asset if you’re struggling with a standing pose of yoga and need assistance for balancing.
A majority of the yoga strap users say that using yoga straps have improved their flexibility and maximized their current yoga positions.
One of the most important benefits of using the best yoga strap is that it will deepen your stretch by enabling you to reach that part of your longs where you wouldn’t be able to do without a strap.
Top 15 Best Yoga Straps 2019
1. Clever Yoga Mat Strap Sling
The best part of this yoga mat strap is that it is available in 10 colors, so you have a plethora of options to choose from. Some of the colors are so quirky like lilac, red, rose pink, blue, black, lime green, apple, and lemon yellow. So, you can choose whichever color that pleases you. Now the next best thing is that it is made out of 100 percent cotton, making it not only is it durable but also fully washable, so you don’t have to worry about stains.
Now the usage of this strap depends upon your choice. You can use it as a mat carrier, or you can use it for performing yoga poses and stretches.
The measurement of the strap is 1.5 inches when it comes to the width, and it is about 66 or 85 inches long. The excellent feature of this strap is that it will sit comfortably on your hand, your legs, your shoulder, or any other place where you are trying to use it.
- It comes with a lifetime guarantee
- The full width works as a great feature
- It sits comfortably on your hands, shoulders, legs or any other place where you put it
- The straps are adjustable which means you can fit any kinds of mats be it extra thin or extra large
- It is super affordable
- It is suitable for beginners because of its simple design
- If you are tall, then this is not a good option for you
- If you are a pro at yoga, then please don’t buy this
2. Clever Yoga Strap (Large)
Though it is a much darker strap, it will help you in adjusting and wrapping around any mat that you have and want to wrap around. You can take your mat to the studio with this strap. Plus, this one will give you a feeling of satisfaction. This will always make your trip to the yoga studio much more comfortable. You can carry your mat anywhere that you want to without feeling any problem.
- It is a straightforward strap so anyone can use it
- Dark colors will help you, plus it’s a gender-neutral color
- The rings are easily adjustable
- If you are someone who is a fan of lighter colors, then this one might not be the best option for you
- It can be too thick for some people.
3. Evo Elastic Yoga Strap
This yoga strap is made up of special cotton blend, which is stretchable, plus doesn’t have latex, so it is latex-free. If you are looking for something firm, then this will not work for you because it is made up of elastic (because it will keep on stretching). But if you are a beginner and you are looking for something which is very light resistance, then this one is an excellent option for you.
It is lightweight, plus it comes with a carry bag of its own. Plus, with this yoga strap, you will be able to access 2 hours of HD workout videos. It is very soft, so it doesn’t hurt your hands. It comes in 4 different color options. If you are someone that is looking for a yoga strap, which is typical, then this is not the best option for you. It is a great alternative that will work on light stretching a warming up of muscles.
- It is made up of elastic which means it is durable and will not break easily
- It comes in four different color options
- If you are a beginner, then it is a great option for you
- You get a free carrying bag.
- you will get access to HD videos that will show you how you can use the strap
- If you are looking for something firm, don’t opt for this one since it is too stretchy
4. The Fit Spirit Exercise Yoga Strap
It is a perfect yoga strap because it is made up of cotton, and you will be able to fold it up whenever you want to. This yoga strap gives out a feeling akin to that of an old belt. It is something that you can tug easily.
You can stretch it and get it to the right length; thus, it is adjustable. This strap will sit on your shoulder very conveniently.
- It is a very soft strap
- You can tighten and loosen it very easily
- It doesn’t have any buckles, which means it will not harm you
- If you are looking for something stiff, then this one is not the best option for you
- If you are looking for something which has a lot of color options, then this is not made for you.
5. The Reehut Yoga Strap
At present, this yoga strap is available in 6′,8′, and 10′ lengths so that it can fit yogis of various heights. This yoga strap is made up of the durable cotton web, which will not only maintain softness but will also prevent harsh rubbing. It is not very thick, and in sweaty areas, it can get slick, which results in it getting hard to hold. It is a very inexpensive yoga strap that will meet the basic functionality.
Let’s discuss the Pros and cons of this yoga mat
- It is available in various colors
- It is available in options of 6 8 and 10 inches
- It is made up of cotton which is soft and strong
- It is inexpensive
- It has high strength and a metal D-closure
- It becomes slick after coming in contact with sweat
- It is made up of thin material.
6. Sport2people Yoga Strap
It is a very unique and best yoga strap. You can perform a lot of various kinds of exercises because it is made up of slots that will work out for you. This is not only a strap for carrying yoga mats. You will get a lot out of it, because of its built. It is a lot simpler than a basic mat strap
Let’s discuss the pros and cons of this yoga strap
- It is one of the comfortable best yoga straps
- It will not help in your exercise but will help you in carrying your yoga mats
- It will help the mat in rolling out whenever you want it to
- The strap might not work in all of your classes
- It is quite big some people want something shorter.
7. Yoga Evo Yoga Strap
If you are looking for something stretchy, then this one is a very durable strap for you. It will flex on your shoulder when you are carrying your mat to your classes or coming back from your classes. It is adjustable because of the D ring so that you can modify it to your needs. You can walk to your yoga studio with no problems.
- It is made up of soft fabric so that it can stretch easily
- It is made of good material and will make the user feel at ease
- The user can carry any mat with this strap.
- If you are looking for something wider then don’t go for this one
- If you are not a fan of stretchiness then don’t opt for this one
8. Manduka Yoga Strap
If you are someone who is a fan of eco – friendly and high-quality products, then the Manduka Yoga Strap is an excellent option for you. This Align strap is made up of cotton, which is lightweight and durable. The buckle of the strap is made up of zinc alloy, which is not only lightweight but will hold your strap in place no matter what the circumstances are,
The buckle will not make noise, nor will it rattle. The material of the strap is soft and thick, that it will not cut your hands. The strap also doesn’t require much tension as it will hold it in place. You won’t have to deal with any moving or slipping while you are performing asanas.
- It is made up of material which is not only durable but soft too
- It is made up of eco-friendly material
- It has a buckle which doesn’t rattle or make any noises
- The company is earth conscious
- The length of the strap is eight inches
- You don’t have to apply any pressure for it to stay in place
- The length and position are easily changeable
- If you are someone who is looking for a lot of color options, then this might not work for you.
9. Peace Yoga Stretching Exercise Strap
If you enjoy minimalistic stuff, then this is an excellent option for you. It is a much thinner strap in comparison to others. At times while carrying your mat to and from class, it gives us a feel as if we are bringing something very bulky. With this strap, a lot of your problems will get fixed, and you will feel a lot more comfortable.
This strap will set upright on your shoulder. Plus, it is a very nice strap, so it gives a beautiful look.
- For people who are looking for comfort, it is a great strap
- This strap will fit any mat that needs to be carried around
- It comes in pretty colors
- For some people, this might be too thin
- For someone who is looking for solid colors, then this might not work out for you.
10. Hugger Mugger 6-Foot Yoga Strap
This strap is designed from the very top-grade cotton, and it is a 6-foot strap that has a cotton string webbing. This strap has a rating of about 500 pounds of tensile strength.
It has a very sturdy design and is of a very reasonable length, thus making it an excellent option for people who are tall and are cumbersome weight yogis.
For the vibrant color fans, this strap comes in multi-colors like naturals. Purples, pinks. So, you can choose the color which pleases you the most.
- If you are someone who has a built small or large frame, then Hugger Mugger 6 foot is a great option for you.
- It comes with a lifetime warranty, so all of a sudden if your strap starts misbehaving then you can get it replaces
- It is easy to adjust and has a thread metal D ring or a plastic cinch that is great for secure closure.
- It has a width of 1.5 inches which means it sits comfortably on the point where it is contacting
- It is washable with hands
- It is expensive in comparison with other straps
- The plastic cinch buckle will break quickly
- Some people feel that this strap is a bit bulky
- Don’t opt for natural colors as they get dirty quickly.
- It is quite expensive as compared to OPTP original stretch out strap.
- The plastic cinch buckle breaks quickly.
11. Yoga Design Lab Yoga Strap
A strap that comes in three vibrant and unique styles, the Yoga Design Lab strap is made up of cotton and has a water-based eco-friendly print that doesn’t fade. The strap is recyclable, and it is non-toxic in each in every way. It is made from synthetic leather and has double-stitched caps, which are there on both the ends so that there isn’t fraying at the ends.
It has D-ring buckles, which means the strap can be adjustable, and it is heavy-duty. The D ring buckles require more pressure for keeping its place so, and it means that it can’t work with all of the practices. The strap doesn’t slip. It is a very high-quality strap that comes at a rather affordable price.
- It comes in 3 limited edition styles
- It is 8 inches long which means it is suitable for taller people
- It has stylish synthetic leather which means that it will prevent fraying
- It is made up of eco-friendly and non-toxic materials
- It is recyclable
- The company gives back on every purchase
- If you buy two straps, you get a discount
- Some people say that it has fewer grips, and they wished it had more grip.
12. Gaiam Yoga Strap/Block Combo
Gaiam yoga strap is a very different kind of yoga strap, and it comes with a foam block that is lightweight and supports your weight while you are making deeper stretches.
The block will also help you in posing and holding the pose for a longer time. It is made up of a cotton strap, and it measures around 6 inches. It is made up of material which is durable, which means you can use it for an extended period.
Let’s discuss the pros and cons of this yoga strap.
- It comes with a metal D ring that will provide you with a secure fit
- The foam block has beveled edges that offer the user a firm grip.
- The foam block is light in weight it means you can carry it easily
- The strap and the block are easily cleanable and can be cleaned with a mild detergent
- It comes in purple and grey colors
- It has a width of 1.5 inches it means that it can sit comfortably where the point of contact is
- It is affordable in comparison to other straps
- The length of the strap is universal, which means that anyone can use it.
- Only comes in 6 feet style, taller people can’t use it
- Though it is cheaper but still not the most inexpensive strap available in the market.
13. OPTP Stretch Out Strap
If you want a strap to provide you resistance without being too intense, then OPTP is an excellent option. It will come in one piece, and you can also use it before classes. You can even strap it to your yoga mat so that you can carry your yoga mat on your shoulder. This is a very functional strap, and you will be a happy owner.
- It is effortless to use
- You will be able to carry your mat
- It is attachable with every kind of mat
- It might be too long for some people
- If you want a strap which thick, then don’t go for this one.
14. Peace Yoga Exercise Strap
If you are looking for something easy on your hands, then Peace Yoga Exercise is an excellent option for you. This strap will not tear in your hands while you are figuring how to do yoga.
It is sturdy, so you will be able to carry your yoga mat anywhere you want to with this strap, and you can use your hands for practically anything that you want to
Let’s discuss the pros and cons of this yoga strap.
- It easy to get on your mat
- When you are using the strap, it will not tear in your hands
- It is stretchable so you can fit it into any length that you want.
- If you are looking for something broader, then this is not a great option
- If you want a buckle, then don’t opt for this one.
15. The Original Stretch Out Strap With Exercise Book
It is one of the best yoga straps available in the market and is made up of nylon. This strap is produced in the United States and is made of a material that is sturdy and stretchy. It can withstand wear and tear, which is a result of regular use.
Since it is made up of durable fabric, it works a great option for not only yoga practitioners but also athletes, dancers, and the people who are going through physical therapy. The measurement of the strap is around 6.4 feet long, and it is about 1 inch wide.
- This strap comes with an exercise book that will work as a great step by step guide for more than 30 stretching exercises.
- The book contains colorful illustrations and easy to read guidelines
- The strap comes with around ten individual loops that not only provides enhanced control while deep and gradual muscle stretching is going on.
- This is a highly recommended yoga strap by athletic trainers and physical therapists
- It has a length of 6.4 feet, which is ideal for people who are tall and works great for yoga practitioners.
- It is pricey in comparison to other yoga straps
- This strap only comes in green color, so if you are someone who is not a fan of green color or is looking for something in vibrant colors, then this is not the best option for you.
- The stitches that hold the loops are not reliable (according to few people)
What Are The Main Benefits Of Best Yoga Strap?
Improvement in the Alignment: If you are using a yoga strap, which is proper, then it will help you in maintaining the ideal alignment in the performance of various asanas. If you are performing poses that require extending your legs out in front of you; if you are going to touch your toes, either by standing sitting or lying on the ground, then a strap will give you something to hold as leverage without you having to grab your feet. In this way, you will be able to stop performing the same stretch without you end up being overstretched or rounding your back.
Reduces the chances of injury: The last thing anybody would want is getting an injury while they are performing yoga. In the case of yoga, it is common for people to get injured. If you are someone who is a beginner in yoga, then you can pull a muscle while posing for yoga. In the beginning, every pose is painful; you won’t even realize that you have gone too far and have hurt yourself till the time it is too late.
This happens in the case of less flexible people. In case your hamstrings are too tight, and you are trying to perform a position that will require you to hold your leg or grab your toes, then you will end up trying hard for the poses. So in case of rounding the lower back or stretching I too far than you should go for a yoga mat. It will not only help you in performing the positions, but it will help you maintain the full range of motion without you putting yourself and your health at risk.
How Can I Choose The Best Straps For Yoga?
Listed below are a few things that you should keep in mind before buying a yoga strap
The most important factor that you need to keep in your mind while buying a yoga strap is the material that it is made of. The yoga strap should be made up of cotton Webbing, which is very strong. It is not microfiber, plus it is non-abrasive. You will be using it for leverage, so it should be thick enough and strong enough to withstand any high pressure. The majority of the yoga straps in the markets are made up of this material. So finding one will be easier.
One of the significant things that you need to consider while buying a yoga strap is the ring. The ring of the yoga strap will determine whether you are going to enjoy it or not. If the ring of the strap keeps on slipping, you will be frustrated for at least 95 percent of the time, and you might even throw it away. Listed below are a few types of ring closure
- Metal D-Ring
- Belt Buckle Closure
In general, yoga straps come in three lengths that are 6.8 and 10 inches. 6 inches is fine for people who are smaller. Eight inches is for the people who are medium-sized and are relatively taller. Eight inches will give you the option to achieve any position. If you are someone who is taller than 6’5′, then you can opt for 10 inches strap.
Since yoga is becoming famous, so are the products that are being used in the surge. But the downside is that a lot of these products are made up of harmful materials like PVC. Now, neither PVC is recyclable, nor it will breakdown. Now, if your strap isn’t made up of PVC, the other thing that you need to keep in mind is the use of harmful dyes. Harmful dyes can irritate your skin.
5. Price Of The Yoga Strap
In general, yoga, straps are relatively inexpensive. The thing that you need to keep in mind is that don’t opt for the bottom dollar ones because they might slip and give you a wrong impression of the yoga strap. A yoga strap that is priced on average won’t slip or be a problem for you. You are going to use your strap daily, and, likely, you are not going to buy another one. So think about it and don’t hesitate to spend some extra dollars. It is going to be for your benefit.
6. How Can I Use Yoga Straps?
Yoga straps can be used in any way that you want to. There is no limit to their usage. Yoga straps are great for Pilates, yoga, and athletic exercise. Yoga straps are great for tying your shoulders, for improving your postures or for stretching your hamstrings.
Q. What Stretches That You Can Do With The Best Yoga Strap?
Angel Wings (If You Want To Improve Your Posture)
If you want to improve your posture because standing and sitting affect your stance and back, then you should try angel wings. The yoga straps help with a technique that yoga instructors refer to as an anti-slump method. This means that you can work on teaching your body a healthy routine to maintain and work on your posture.
Q. How To Perform Angel Wings?
Take the yoga strap and then place it around your back and underneath your armpits, and then form an X-shape around the upper back and then keep the strap in place. While you are tightening the straps, your shoulders will pull back and down so that it can reset your position into a healthy one. It is recommended that this exercise should be performed for a couple of hours a day so that your posture can improve and your mood and breathing will also improve
Q. Head To Toe (Hamstring Muscle)
Yoga straps can also improve your alignment. A lot of people struggle when it comes to using the hamstring muscles at their full potential. Sometimes while using hamstrings, we encounter tightness and pains while we are stretching. This head to toe yoga stretch will be a huge benefit, and your posture and strength and your legs will elongate.
Q. How Can You Do Head To Toe?
You have to start with straightening your leg that you have lifted; this way, your hips will move closer towards your ribcage. This step will allow you to stretch your hamstring muscles as much as you possibly can. Now while stretching, we forget the lower leg. So use the strap and then create long loops that will hook from one end of the right thigh towards your left foot. While you are doing this, you should be able to access parts of the strap so that you can tighten it accordingly from improving your stretch. Now press out through the ball of your foot and then stretch with the help of the opposite leg. Now stay in this position for about 15 seconds and then switch it to the next side.
Q. Boat Variation (For Strengthening Your Legs And Core)
If you want to add strength to your legs and core, then use boat variation. This exercise works as a great warm-up and is used for releasing tension, if you have any. This will also improve your balance and alignment.
Q. How To Perform Boat Variation?
Sit on the floor with your legs stretched out in front of you for getting into this position. Now, place the straps under your armpit and across your back. Now, with the help of the strap, create a long loop. This way, you will be able to place the ball of your foot in the strap; try doing this without bending your knee. For holding yourself like this, you will have to engage your core, and you will have to keep your legs stretched and lengthened as possible as you can. After this, engage your core and then keep your legs stretched and extended as much as you possibly can. Now press through your leg, and you will be able to lift your back. Remain in this position for a few seconds, and while doing so, keep on taking slow and deep breaths.
Conclusion – Whats Your Pick For The Best Yoga Straps?
Look for the best yoga strap that will help you in going to and fro from your class to home without any hassle or problem. A lot of people have issues when it comes to carrying their mats, especially when they don’t have a strap with them, or they don’t have the one strap which they think is comfortable for them. So, weigh your options, look for the one which will fit your needs, and makes your yoga trip a smooth ride.